Personal Website (Work in Progress)
- 2018-202X (does anyone really know)
- Ph.D., Computer Science; UC, Santa Cruz
Declarative Programmable Storage
Advisor: Peter Alvaro
- B.S.-M.S., Computer Science; Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo
Clustering for Microbial Source Tracking
Advisor: Alex Dekhtyar
- April 2015 - September 2018
- Personalis (Menlo Park, CA); Bioinformatics Analyst/Engineer
Content, Pipeline, and Annotation Team
Software development using primarily bash, python, SQL server, and MySQL.
- Process and load annotation data into internal database systems. Types
of annotation data include:
- Reference assemblies
- Allele and genotype frequencies
- Gene to phenotype relationships
- Small variant to phenotype relationships
Maintain internal tools for annotating small variants called by internal variant calling pipeline. Internal tools leverage 3rd party tools, such as snpEff.
- Contribute to data management including:
- data model design
- stored procedure and query development
- system architecture
- develop data reporting system
- Process and load annotation data into internal database systems. Types of annotation data include:
- August 2013 - April 2015
- Workday (Pleasanton, CA); Associate Software Development Engineer
OMS Performance - Scalability Engineering Software development using primarily java, bash, MySQL, and hive.
- Handled occasional performance regressions in operations.
- Contributed to testing platform for performance and regression tests.
- Performed some load testing of internal high-volume test tenants using LoadRunner.
- Performed some data analysis of application usage data to help understand and triage performance issues.
: Experienced Programming Languages
Python, Java, Bash, Perl, C
: Acquainted Programming Languages
: FASTER-STEAM (October 2017 - Present)
Tech Committee, Mentor
: OutOfOfficeHours (June 2016 - Present)
: Code2040 (June 2016 - September 2016)
: Dublin HS Engineering & Design Academy (August 2014 - June 2016)
Jennifer Yen, et al., A variant by any name
Elo Leung, et al., Protein Sequence Annotation Tool (PSAT)
Aldrin Montana, et al., Ontological Hierarchical Clustering for Library-Based Microbial Source Tracking
Alex Dekhtyar, et al., Teaching Bioinformatics in Concert
Emily Neal, et al., Integrating Molecular Forensics into the Undergraduate Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Curriculum
Jan Lorenz Soliman, et al., Microbial Source Tracking by Molecular Fingerprinting (poster)
Douglas Brandt, et al., Pyroprinting Sensitivity Analysis on the GPU (poster)